Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sweet Treat

You may already know this one, but it's become a favorite of mine.  I take bananas and peel them, cut them in half and store them in the freezer.  Then when I'm craving something like ice cream, I take them out and put them in my blender (we have a vitamix so it can handle the larger bananas...if you have a different blender, you might want to cut yours into smaller pieces before freezing).  Sometimes I add a few drops of water or vanilla almond milk, but in the end what I get is the consistency of ice cream in a guilt-free treat.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this! I always want a 'treat' after my kids go to bed. ("hey- I had a hard day today!"- is always what I think) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try adding peanut butter! I bet that would be delicious! One of my favorite things to eat after I work out is a banana with peanut butter. YUMMY! Also, I've read that it important to eat something packed with protein within an hour after exercising.

    ReplyDelete